I shall perform a brief brew-abstain, normal service will resume
Posted August 19, 2012on:
I shall be abstaining from brewdays for a while, normal service will resume once I’ve got through some of the beer!
This weekend I bottled my last two brews, Ta Moko II & Chinook Blonde and I’m still warm conditioning my Double IPA HopZilla IPA… so thats *6 crates of beer sat in our office/study/room/thing *Crates hold 20 bottles of 500ml or 24 x 330ml
There are Whitelabs yeasts in the fridge to brew with once I get going again:
- Brett WLP650 (Something with Flaked Oats and Wheat malt, lots of Cara/Crystal malts)
- Belgian Blend (Might get some more Date Molasses)
- Hefeweizen (I’ll go the whole decoction hog but hop with Amarillo & Nelson Sauvin +dry)
- Kólsch (Ideas for an IPA, a Malty Smoke beer, and maybe a Red Rye)
- San Diego Super (I’m sure I’ll have plenty of options for this one… US Brown re-brew with tweaks?)
- Edinburgh Ale (Something British, might do a Fuggle IPA and a Coniston Bluebird-esqe bitter)
Malts are pretty plentiful too:
Pale Malt, Lager Malt, Caramalt, Choc Malt, Choc Wheat, Crystal, Extra Dark Crystal, Flaked Barley, Flaked Oats, Pale Crystal, Carahell, Roast Barley, Carapils, Cara-munich Type III, Carafa Special III, Special B, CaraAmber, Medium Peat Smoked, Roasted Wheat, Black Malt, Brown Malt, Roasted Rye, Crystal Rye, Cara Vienna, Pale Oat Malt, Melanoidin, Flaked Wheat, Muinch Type I, Munich Type II, Amber Malt, Rye Malt, Rauch Malt, Flaked Maize.
Bulging Hop Freezer:
UK Cascade, Columbus, Challenger, Fuggle, Bobek, Goldings, Magnum, Summit, Willamette, Apollo, Chinook, Hersbrucker, Simcoe, NZ Cascade, Tettnang, Green Bullet, Aramis, Junga, Mount Hood, Spalter Select, Marynka, Cluster, Amarillo, Lubelski, Centennial, Riwaka, Citra, Northern Brewer, Galaxy, Super Alpha, Summer, Stella, NZ Hallertau Aroma, Pacific Gem, Warrior, Delta, Topaz, Nelson Sauvin, Pacific Jade, Pacifica, Wai-iti, Kohatu, Wakatu, Motueka, East Kent Golding, Sticklebract.
I wonder how long I can go without firing up the HLT? AG#88 will be a….????